Nnamdi Uche is a lecturer in the General Studies Unit. She studied English language and obtained Masters and Bachelor Degrees from University of Ibadan and Obafemi Awolowo University respectively. She is currently on her PhD program at the University of Lagos.
A regular participant and presenter in local, national and international workshops and training. An ardent believer in successful relationships with individuals and a team player. A rapporteur with polished communication skills: verbal and written with adaptable multilingual skills. A Successful educationist driven with a passion to teach, train and mentor.
She teaches Use of English, Entrepreneurial Studies, and Music Appreciation and facilitates at the Entrepreneurial Practical sessions in Crawford University.
WORKSHOPS, SEMINARS AND CONFERENCES
- Presenter at the Conference of Rectors, Vice-Chancellors and Presidents of African Universities (COREVIP 2019) with the theme: “The Role of Higher Education Institutions in Promoting the Continental Education Strategy for Africa (CESA 16-25), at Al-Azhar University, Cairo, Egypt. July 8-11 2019.
- Academic Staff Training Workshop with the Theme: “Improving Teaching and Research”, June 3-4 2019 at Crawford University, Ogun State, Nigeria.
- 6th Learned International Conference: “Building Dependable Socio-Economic Structures: Dynamics of Corporate Governance” at Crawford University, Ogun State, Nigeria, 29-31 May, 2019.
- “Quality Assurance Harmonization In African Higher Education: Taking Stock, Finding Synergies, Looking Forward” Final Conference Of HAQAA 1 Dakar Senegal, 3-4 December 2018.
- Participant in an Academic Staff Training Workshop on “University Culture and Corporate Productivity” at Crawford University, Nigeria, May 2-3, 2018.
- Advanced Digital Appreciation Programme for Tertiary Institutions (ADAPTI) training, organized by Digital Bridge Institute @ Crawford University, October 16-20th, 2017.
- African Studies Association of Africa (ASAA) 2ND Biennial Conference on African Studies and Global Politics @ University of Ghana, Legon, October 12-14th, 2017.
- “The Humanities in the Age of Technology’. 1st Lagos Summer School in Digital Humanities, University of Lagos, July 10Th-15th, 2017.
- “Boosting Employee performance beyond pecuniary Benefits”. TAMS Summit, May 2017 @ Agip Hall Muson Centre, Onikan, Lagos.
- “The Humanities and the Redemption of Africa (55 Anniversary)” By Prof G.G. Darah. A lecture held in honour of Prof J.P. Clark, in the Department of English, University of Lagos, 28/3/17.
- Efuru @ 50, A conference held in Honour of Flora Nwapa by the Department of English, Faculty of Arts, University of Lagos on 29th November, 2016.
- 4th Learned Conference of College of Business and Social Sciences, Crawford University 2016
- “Redefining the Role of Traditional Institutions for National Development”. Guest Speaker: His Imperial Majesty, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ojaja II, Ooni of Ile-Ife. Annual Lecture organized by School of Postgraduate Studies, University of Lagos, 7/7/16.
- Academic Staff Workshop at Crawford University 8th June, 2016.
- University of Lagos 2016 Research Conference and Fair.
- 3RD Learned Conference of College of Business and Social Sciences, Crawford University 2014
- Training on Effective Teaching Skills, Crawford University, 2011.
- Microsoft office training by New Horison, Crawford University, 2009.
- Workshop on the Effective Teaching of Reading and Writing in English Language, UNILAG. 2006
- Training by UNICEF on Adolescent Reproductive Health and Prevention of HIV/AIDS. 2006.
THESES AND DISSERTATIONS
- “The Rhythm of Educated Yoruba English” (M.A Thesis, University of Ibadan, 2009)
- “Causes and Effects of Juvenile Delinquency: A Case Study of Ondo South Local Government Area of Ondo State, Nigeria” (BA.Ed, Obafemi Awolowo University)
CHAPTER IN A BOOK
Akorede, Y (ed). (2006) Trees and Shrubs: A Collection of Short Stories. Ibadan: Kemak Super Printers.
JOURNAL PUBLICATION LIST
- Individual Factors Influencing Access to Research Grant among African Researchers: A Study of Crawford University, Nigeria. (Accepted for publication in AAU Journal 2019)
- Ojo, M.O.D., Abisoye, A.O., Akazue, G.D. u0026amp; Nnamdi, U.I (2019) “Daddy Versus Mummy: Recounting the Experiences of Domestic Violence Between Parents of University Undergraduates Students.” In Eko Journal of Educational Research Vol 6. Feb. 2019. Department of Educational Foundations and Counseling Psychology, Faculty of Education, Lagos State University, Ojo, Lagos, Nigeria.
- Ojo, M.O.D., Abisoye, A.O., u0026amp; Nnamdi, U.I (2019) Sibling Violence: Experiences of University Undergraduate Students. In Eko Journal of Educational Research Vol 6. Feb. 2019. Department of Educational Foundations and Counseling Psychology, Faculty of Education, Lagos State University, Ojo, Lagos, Nigeria.
- Dahunsi, T.N. u0026amp; Nnamdi, U.I. (2018). “Lexical Pattern, Density and Diversity in a University Convocation Lecture Delivered by Wole Soyinka”. The journal of Communicative English. Vol 19. 78-89. ISSN.07951949. September, 2018. English Language Unit, Department of Educational Foundation and General Studies, University of Agriculture Makurdi.
- Ojo, M.O.D., Abisoye, A.O., Akazue, G.D. u0026amp; Nnamdi, U.I (2018) “Experiences of Parental Abuse among Undergraduate Students of Crawford University Igbesa”. In Educational Perspectives Vol. 13, No 1, Journal of Education, Lagos State University (June 2018). Lagos: Free Publishers. ISBN: 978-978-360-40-5-8
- Nnamdi U.I. (2014) “Language: An Indispensable Tool for National Development. A case Study of the Nigerian Situation” in The International Journal of Multidisciplinary Approach and Studies. Vol. 01, Issue 03. India. ijmas.com/upcomingissue/22.03.2014.pdf
- Nnamdi U.I (2012) “Phonetics and Phonology”: Communication in English II in Ayanlaja, S. u0026amp; Oludimu,O, ed, General Studies : A Book Of Readings. Pp35-37. Igbesa: Crawford University Press.
- Nnamdi U.I (2012) “Music Practicum” in Ayanlaja, S. u0026amp; Oludimu,O, ed, General Studies : A Book Of Readings. Pp 227-233. Igbesa: Crawford University Press.
UNPUBLISHED PAPER LIST
- Ojo, M.O.D., Abisoye, A.O., Nnamdi, U.I. “Sibling Violence: Experiences of University Undergraduates Students”
CONFERENCE PAPER LIST
- “A Study of The Rhythm Of Educated Yoruba English” Presented at the 2nd Biennial Conference of African Studies Association Of Africa (ASAA) @ University Of Legon, Accra Ghana.
Member of the International Pragmatics Association (IPRA)
Member of African Studies Association of Africa (ASAA)
Member of Association of Nigerian Authors (ANA)